The goal of MOSAICrOWN is to enable data sharing and collaborative analytics in multi-owner scenarios in a privacy-preserving way, ensuring proper protection of private/sensitive/confidential information. MOSAICrOWN will provide effective and deployable solutions allowing data owners to maintain control on the data sharing process, enabling selective and sanitised disclosure providing for efficient and scalable privacy-aware collaborative computations.
The practical objectives that MOSAICrOWN will pursue to guarantee the overall goal of providing effective data protection in multi-owner platforms can be summarised as follows.
- Objective 1: Support a rich set of protection requirements, considering different aspects of protection and needs from different parties (data owners, as well as data subjects and privacy regulations) and addressing their satisfaction under different scenarios and threat models.
- Objective 2: Provide a data governance framework providing owners with control on their data, enabling them to specify policies regulating protection of information and its selective disclosure in collaborative data platforms.
- Objective 3: Provide efficient and effective techniques for data wrapping that will represent the underlying mechanism for supporting selective release, storage and analytics on data in the collaborative platform, enabling efficient processing over protected data while preventing (or limiting) access to the actual data content by other parties.
- Objective 4: Provide efficient and effective techniques for data sanitisation that will represent the underlying mechanisms for enforcing privacy/confidentiality restrictions by producing information for the data market, or within the data market, enabling their efficient processing while protecting the precise values in the original data sources.
- Objective 5: Provide effective exploitation in real operational environments, enabling demonstration of the applicability and flexibility of the project’s innovations and actual impact.